Gilmore Red Lion Racer, 33cc (ARF), Seagull Models
Seagull Models, Gilmore Red Lion Racer, 33cc (ARF) 74" wingspan
Click here for spare parts.
Seagull Gilmore Red Lion 33cc (ARF) 74" wingspan
The Wedell Williams No.44 air racer (to give it its correct title) was one of the stars of the US racing circuit in the early 1930's. Roscoe Turner's Gilmore Special was the third Model 44 present at the 1932 races, trimmed in red with the Gilmore Oil Company logos and race number 121 displayed on the the fuselage. Turner placed 3rd in the Bendix and Shell Dash races but returned in 1933 with a re-powered '44 to win both.
He went on to win many more and establish the aircraft as an all-time classic, and Seagull's new Gilmore Red Lion 33cc perfectly captures the machine's style and panache.
It's for your 33cc gas or glow engine and electric power is also an option. There's a large top hatch, so maintenance and battery changes at the field are simple and convenient, while the two-piece plug-in wing means transportation and storage won't be a problem.
- Approx flying weight - 15.5lbs (7kg)
- Covered in genuine Oracover
- Factory painted fiberglass cowl with dummy radial engine
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight pilot figure
- Top hatch allows easy access to radio gear and for battery changing (electric power option)
- Accurate scale outline
- Two-piece plug-in wing for easy transportation
- All hardware included with engine mount, fuel tank etc.
- Electric motor stand-off included
- For experienced pilots
- Profiled fin and stabilizer enhances scale appearance and flying characteristics
- Wingspan - 74in (1880mm)
- Length - 60.9in (1548mm)
- Wing area - 945.5sq.in.
- Engine required - 33cc petrol, glow or electric equivalent
- Airframe covered in genuine Oracover
- Full hardware package including engine mount, fuel tank etc.
- Illustrated step-by-step instruction manual
- Large decal sheet with the 'Red Lion' racing scheme trim
- Electric conversion kit with adjustable motor stand-off
- Factory painted fiberglass cowl, spats and undercarriage fairings
- Factory finished, laser-cut balsa and ply model
- 33cc gasoline or glow engine (or electric equivalent)
- 6 x high-powered servos (5 for electric version)
- Receiver and batteries
- Basic tools and glues
|Gator Product Specs|
Online Building Manual